Adopted by the City Council in 2011, the City of Beaumont adopted a resolution (click here to read) encouraging its residents to live a healthy eating and active lifestyle. Through the dedicated efforts of city staff and community partners, Healthy Beaumont is developing a wide range of programs, policies, infrastructure and events to help build and maintain healthy minds, healthy bodies and a clean and sustainable earth. We welcome your comments and ideas! Please feel free to contact us at (951) 769-8520.
What is a Healthy City/Community?
According to the California Healthy Cities and Communities Program (CHCC), a healthy city/community is one that promotes
- clean and safe places to live, work and play
- strong economy with diverse and well-paying jobs for everyone
- good schools and opportunities for life-long learning
- accessible and affordable housing, transportation and health care
- broad representation by residents, public/private organizations, and local associations in planning and decision-making to realize the community's goals
- opportunities to promote, support, and celebrate cultural diversity
- policies (including laws) that promote healthy, strong and successful lives
- continuous evaluation of what is going well in the community and what needs to change
Healthy City map. Join us in walks around town by using this helpful map!
(click here to view)